Friday, February 11, 2011

Lion King

Tim and I's christmas present to my family came in two parts....



We prepared an Iron-Chef-like meal at our house!

The Chairman: Please explain your inspiration for this challenge.
Chefs: We wanted to make food that my sister could eat that would also appeal to the rest of the family.
The Chairman hand gestures to the first course.
Chefs: What we have here is a green leaf salad with bing cherries.


The Chairman: Thank you, next course please.
The hand gesture.
Chefs: For our second course, we made lamb shanks with white beans. We went light on the lamb in the stew, and focused on the vegetable aspects of it.



The Chairman: Next course please.
The hand gesture.
Chefs: Our third course is lamb with a minted pea puree.


Chefs: For our final course, we have chocolate cinnamon mousse with a mixed cherry syrup.





And then we went to the Lion King at the DPAC!






The show was spectacular! My sisters said they wanted to be the dancing grass :)

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

Awesome! I wish I had been on the receiving end of that present!