Friday, February 11, 2011

Krispy Kreme Challenge

Two years ago a friend of mine invited me to do the Krispy Kreme Challenge. I hadn't trained at all, so I basically walked the two miles down to Krispy Kreme, ate a donut, and walked two miles back. It was a beautiful day, not too cold, and it was fun to see all of the crazy costumes people wore to race in. Last year I was in St. Louis for work, and missed the Krispy Kreme Challenge. Since my goal this year is to be a bit more physically active, I convinced my mom and a bunch of friends to sign up for the Krispy Kreme Challenge. Little did we know it would be rainy, cold and miserable. This, combined with the 7000 other people there, made it hard to meet up with everyone. I was glad my mom and I got dropped off together, and that she ran slower so we could stay together. Despite all of that, I am glad I ran. It is nice to have a goal and meet it. But I am not signing up for another race until the weather gets warmer!

No comments: