Tuesday, January 13, 2009

She works hard for the money

Last week was my optimistic week, where I believed I could get different groups to use the code my team writes and it would be great!  
This week the obstructionists are out trying to kill the plan, or change the plan, and every other day things flip and flop and flip and flop and it is torture to try to get anything done.
The rumors did start last week about layoffs, but next week is the targeted resource action, so then we will have to flip and flop the plan again once we know what resources we can allocate..... 
Requirements have been drifting since June 2008 which was the last release we shipped, and they will continue to do so because we are still flip flopping on the plan.

The fact that my life is exactly like a Dilbert cartoon explains why I spent today reading Dilbert cartoons instead of actually writing code.  Now.... if only I was as creative and funny and could turn these work situations into a money-making machine, I would be all set! 


No comments: