Friday, December 31, 2010

2011: When did we hit another decade?


About a month ago I realized I would have alot of free time in December because classes would end. So I thought, hmmm, maybe I can finish up any resolutions from 2010 and have something to blog about. But I flipped back to my blog in January, and I did not write about any resolutions. I have a vague feeling that I did resolve to do something this year, but I can't quite remember what it was.... darn Alzheimer's. Or perhaps I was channeling Calvin last year....

So my resolution this year is to write down my goals so that I remember what they are :)

In class we learned that behavioral changes are best done with small, easily achievable goals, so unlike traditional resolutions, which try to change every aspect of your life, I am keeping it simple.

1. My husband and I joined a gym before Thanksgiving, and it has been pretty easy to find time to go without any school or work to fill the days. So my goal is to continue to attend the gym at least three days a week. I also found this cool website which allows you to track more specific fitness goals, and they have 'feats' you can accomplish. You can also be motivated by your friends on the website. A couple of friends and I have a competition going for the first three months of the new year, so I think that will also help keep me on track with this goal.

2. Last semester I took snack foods to class. Sometimes it would be peanut butter crackers, or crackers and tuna, or junk like m&ms. Most of the time I forgot a beverage, so I would buy a soda from the vending machine. So my goal is to bring my water bottle to drink water during class, and to bring at least one veggie to snack on, like carrot sticks.


Happy New Year!

No comments: