Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dream a little dream for me

I woke up this morning and had the weirdest feeling. I could have sworn I had done something so awesome, it would be blog worthy.... but then I realized I had just dreamed it.

I am sure you are clamoring to know what I have been up to with my free time.

The house is on the market, so Tim and I are maintaining a high level of cleanliness. Most days we operate at Def-Con Mom level, beds made, no spit in the sink, no dirty dishes. But on days we have a showing, we amp it up to Def-Con Grandma level. Unfortunately, one showing gave me 5 minutes notice when I wasn't home, so they saw the house at the Mom level. Their comments said the house showed beautifully. Perhaps Tim is right, my Def-Con Grandma level is too neurotic :)


I have had a couple of study sessions to prepare for my exams, which are now over. I am glad I have friends in class to study with. It makes it easier to handle the stress of finals.


Tim and I joined a gym, and I have been going to some classes and swimming in the pool. What cracks me up about the gym classes are the parts of the routines I can't do. Apparently I have no core strength at all, so the one teacher came over and was trying to show me how to do the exercise, and then finally gave up and said, uh... do this until you have enough strength to do it the real way.


I have also been working on converting home movies to DVDs. What, you thought I finished that project? Oh no.... just 1991 and 1992. There is still years worth of cute footage of my sisters to get onto DVDs :) Can I just say that 1993 was a really bad year for me and jeans? Who said that acid wash almost-white jeans with a high waist, folded hem to make them tighter, with a tucked in turtle neck and socks above the boots was a good look? Seriously..... this is why I have nightmares about wearing "straight-leg" jeans now!

My mom invited me to hang out with her and my sister. We made Christmas cookies and decorated. It was awesome. Especially the cookie dough. I wish I had gotten a picture of our cookies, one gingerbread man had just gotten out of the "pen" in an orange jumpsuit.


Then I hung out with a friend and her daughters. She was making some cake balls for a church activity. Apparently these are the rage, but it seems like alot of work for something that only imitates a delicious chocolate bon-bon.



Also, we have been trying several new recipes with our farm produce. Unfortunately, with the snow this past weekend and the record low temperatures, we will be postponing this week's delivery. So it looks like next week's meals will be Bertolli.


So... who wants to come out and play next week?

2 comments:

Meredith and Abe Fish said...

Sounds like you are starting to have some free time with classes winding down. I think Abe would agree with Tim that Def Con Grandma might not be necessary but it always makes me feel better that I have given my all. I hope it pays off in the end!

I love the mental image of your outfits from the 90's. I have plenty of those myself, but I just pretend they dont exist.

We are going to try to come play next week so we will let you know if it works out. It was be fun to get together.
-meredith

Meredith and Abe Fish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.