Friday, December 17, 2010

Trans-Siberian Orchestra

My favorite christmas music comes from the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. It is a combination of rock and christmas, which is fantastic. Their concerts are amazing light shows and fantastic music. TSO always play with a live orchestra, and my favorite member of the band is the one who plays the electric violin.





The Wizards of Winter was the first one I found online a couple of years ago with an amazing house light show.


Christmas Eve in Sarajevo is probably their most famous song, and someone has created a great light show.


Christmas Canon is a personal favorite, I used to play that song on the violin all the time. My sisters and I would love to do this version in church some day. This video gives you an idea of what their concerts are like.


A Mad Russian Christmas is a Nutcracker song redone.


Queen of the Winter Night has an amazing soloist live in person singing.... She truly has an amazing voice to do all of those ah's. I can tell you, on the violin they are tough, I really don't know how you make a voice sound similar.


On the more traditional side, we have the TSO interpretation of Come all Ye Faithful.


And we will round it out with a TSO classic: This Christmas Day

No comments: