Sunday, July 11, 2010

Kamakura

This weekend some executive's from Tim's company were in town, so we went sightseeing with them and some of Tim's coworkers and their families.
Kamakura is near the coast, and has several shrines and temples and a big Buddha statue. First we went to a restaurant for lunch. The best part was the japanese coworkers just ordered everyone plates of food, so I didn't have to read the menu or guess at what I would like. I really enjoyed just trying everything on the plate. It would be really nice to have someone do that all the time :) I know, technically I could be more adventurous and just order something even if I don't know what it is. But then you run the risk of not liking what you ordered.

Then we went to the temple, Hase-dera, and it was gorgeous, with a view of the ocean.


Then we walked to the Buddha statue.

Then we walked through the shopping area, and got some desert.
Then we went to a shrine, Tsurugaoka Hachiman-gu. The path up to the temple is in the middle of the street, lined with trees. A person on the way told us that it narrows as it gets closer to the temple.


No comments: