Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Weekend Warrior

I feel like my blogs have become just about what I did on the weekend. But the weeks seem to be the same.... so I guess I am living for the weekends right now :)

So this weekend was another packed and exciting one.

First, I gotta whole lotta happy! I love seeing the crafts and the food competitions, especially the cakes. I just gotta say that the deep fried snickers was disgusting. I guess I am not a fan of deep fried things. But the corn on the cob and turkey was good.


In the awkward moments list, riding the Ferris Wheel with my boyfriend, a girl from my ward and the two kids she nanny's ranks right up there. So the girl was like, I will cover the kids eyes so you can kiss at the top. I am not a fan of public PDA, so I said no thanks, but it just felt awkward.



Then my BFFs and I went to Mama Dips in Chapel Hill for lunch. They had never had hush puppies, and were skeptical about NC barbeque. Well, Mama Dip set them right. They now love hushpuppies and vinegar barbeque!



I also had an Orchestra Concert. It was a completely packed house, so my mom and sister had to sit in the hallway. It was a children's concert, so we played fun songs that sounded like animals, and the William Tell Overture. William Tell is so energetic, I love playing it.

After the concert, I had dinner back at my place. I made my special chicken chili, and served Mama Dips corn bread. It was the most amazing corn bread I have ever eaten! I totally recommend Mama Dips mix.

All in all, a fabulous weekend.

No comments: