Thursday, October 22, 2009

Don't you know how to drive this thing

It feels like yesterday that I went to the DMV to renew my license because I was turning 25 years old and it was going to expire. It was a terrible picture because it ended up being a really big head shot. And I looked at the license, and thought, geez, the next time I renew it will be 2009 and I will be 30! That is SOOOOO OOOLLLLLDDDDDD. (Said the way Lindsey Lohan says it in Freaky Friday)

Fast forward 5 years, and here I am, once again needing to renew my license. I guess this means that I think I am old.
The state has changed the laws. Now you go in and get a piece of paper for 20 days while they mail you your license. Apparently mailing a license reduces fraud? I know drivers license pictures are not the end of the world, but........ I really wanted something that was at least a more normal proportioned head. So I did my hair and went to the DMV expecting to be waiting forever. Amazingly on a Friday they were completely empty. I didn't even have time to review the signs they quiz you on. Whew! I only got one wrong. At least I still know how to drive. And then I realized I had forgotten to put on lipstick. No time! They were ready for me to take my picture. And then I wanted to see it, to make sure it wasn't another big head.... Nope! That might cause fraud.
So I had to sit and wait and wait for the license to come in the mail. It has arrived, and I can say with a sigh of relief I do not have a huge big head on my license. Apparently the DMV has taken pity on me for being old and gave me a half-decent picture. As an aside, the next time I need to renew my license will be in 2017....... yikes!

No comments: