Thursday, September 10, 2009

Joining a Gym

On Tuesday I was talking to a co-worker about a problem. As I was talking, I was gesturing with my arm, and I felt something funny...... there was an extra wiggle following my arm around....... I looked and realized that where my triceps should be, I have some flab that wiggles! This was so traumatic, I went to the gym that night to check it out. I am currently on a trial to use the gym for a couple of days to see how it goes. Bottom line, I have already decided to join. My mom has been going to a gym for almost a year now, and she has awesome arms, and I went to a class, and the women there didn't have flabby arms, so I am sold.

As a side note, the class I went to was a "core strength" class. I learned that I have no core! There was one exercise where you put your feet on a yoga ball, and you put your hands down, so you are stretched out like a plank. Then you are supposed to lift one foot off the yoga ball and bring your knee to your chest. I couldn't lift a foot without rolling off the yoga ball! So the instructor was like, do a different exercise until you get enough strength to do this one.

What I have learned is that training for a triathlon does not mean you are physically fit. So here's to me, having rock solid abs and big guns for christmas :)

No comments: