Monday, September 14, 2009

Laboring Away

I am behind on my blogging because I keep doing exciting things with my weekends.

Labor Day Weekend:
10. Drive all over Cary and Morrisville to borrow tents and get food and other supplies

9. My parents helped us avoid disaster with a house key
8. Check out the campgrounds, set up tents, build fire, roast marshmallows

7. Stay up all night the first night with a major headache
6. Enjoy beautiful beach weather, fantastic surf, and good company

5. Cook dutch oven dinner of chicken pot pie and foil dinners, get rave reviews
4. Visit lighthouses

3. Try licorice with pixie stix as an alternative to s'mores
2. Tell worst dating stories as ghost stories around the campfire
1. Pack everything up in the pouring rain

So I loved the beach part of the weekend, and the company on the trip was great, but I could do without the bug bites, and the actual work of setting up camp and taking it down.... hmmm... sounds like a hotel :)

Triathlon Weekend:
5. No one tells you you will be standing around in just your bathing suit for an hour

4. No one tells you that you will have to run barefoot to get your bike

3. Seeing my sister and my mom on the run was cool, otherwise, it was pretty much a solo event
2. Crossing the finish line to Beyonce's All the Single Ladies, and having my two BFFs there was the fun part (Yes, I was imagining Justin Timberlake dancing to that song)

1. Months of training boils down to one hour and fifteen minutes, a time I can be proud of, and I could still walk the next day

I gotta give a shout out to my dad, who packed our stuff up and drove, and to my mom and sister, who are amazing athletes, and totally kicked my butt!

And to entice you to come back and read, this weekend is Cali Weekend!

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

man, your life is so exciting, I will live vicariously through you. way to go on finishing the triathlon I am so impressed with you!!