Monday, August 24, 2009

Wax on, Wax off




When I was in Elementary School and Junior High School we lived in a duplex in Maryland. It was great because my best friend lived at the corner of our cul-de-sac. One summer we decided to start a business venture together. We would have a "camp" for kids in the neighborhood, and we would teach them origami. The supplies would be cheap, just some colored paper, and we would have a registration fee. We thought we had enough origami shapes to take up 2 hours, but it turns out it was only about 15 minutes. So then we struggled to keep the kids entertained for the rest of the time. I was talking to my mom about this years later, and she said it was the cheapest babysitting in the neighborhood! I got to relive my origami dreams at Borders last week. I will admit, I am still not very good at it. I tried to make a dragonfly and failed :)

This past week I had dinner with my sisters, and had them come over and watch TV. This is why I enjoy living close to my family. It is fun to hang out.


I also went to a museum exhibit on Chocolate and an exhibit about Pirates. The pirate one was interesting because they talked about how to preserve ship wrecks and artifacts. It reminded me of the exhibit I went to in Missouri about a family that recovered a ship that had sunk in fresh water, and how they had to learn how to preserve it. The chocolate exhibit just made me hungry :)

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

that is so funny to remember that origami class. I remember right after the "class" was over that I thought it was the worst idea ever because we made like no money and the kids were really annoying.