Friday, August 7, 2009

That was totally wicked!



This week I moved offices, so now I sit near my manager's boss. I was wondering if it would be awkward to leave work early yesterday to go to a Coldplay concert, but when I left, she was already gone. I wonder if she went to the concert?

My roommate and I got a 4 pack of lawn tickets, so we decided to meet at our house to drive down to Walnut Creek. Walnut Creek is notorious for bad traffic, and my roommate got lost the last time she went to a concert there, so I was in charge of navigating. My roommate has noticed that I like to drive on back roads, so she suggested we do that to avoid traffic. One of our friends was like, I have only driven this far on this road, I had no idea it continued. So I pointed out the house that the peacocks live at, and other interesting sights. So if you would like a guided car tour of Raleigh, let me know.

We decided to leave the house right after work and pick up some food along the way. So we stopped at a Wendy's and tried to go through the drive through.

"Hi, can we place 4 orders?"
"No, we only take two orders"
"Ok, first order, jr bacon cheeseburger etc etc. Second order..."
"Can you repeat that?"
"Which one?"
"Both"

So we got the two sets of food on that one, and drove back through the drive through, but this time, pulled up so the back passenger window could order and pay. We asked for ketchup, and the guy at the window said they were out. Maybe it was because they let people do 4 orders at a time. :)  We were laughing hysterically through this whole thing because it would have been faster to walk in.

We finally got to Walnut Creek, and were directed where to park by the parking experts. We then found a spot on the lawn that was close to the center of the stage. Unfortunately, we did not bring any tarps, and the ground was wet from rain in the morning. Apparently everyone else there had forgotten their tarps, and was walking around had wet pants, which was funny, but also kind of unpleasant. It was a gorgeous evening, not too hot or humid, which is so rare in August in North Carolina. The best part of the opening bands was the fact that we could still talk, and they had some violins playing with them. Then it got dark, and Coldplay came out! It was awesome! They played all my favorite songs, plus some great ones I didn't know. Then they came out to the back and did a Michael Jackson tribute, Billy Jean. Awesome! And then, we got a free CD of the songs live from the concert.

Then it took an hour to get out of the parking lot, so we just listened to the concert again on CD. Fun times.  

(Sorry, coldplay videos cannot be embedded, and apparently I haven't improved my picture taking abilities)

1 comment:

Carla said...

that's awesome! Coldplay is so expensive here.