Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Shopping

Day 8

A while ago a friend recommended a self.com fitness challenge. I looked the website this week to see if they had some good exercises you can do for strength training without the gym. Turns out they do.

I decided instead of running today, I would go for a walk... and shop while walking. I tried to find this clip from Thirty Rock, where Liz Lemon says a dress is a vietnamese size 2. It isn't on youtube, so hopefully you know what I am talking about. But that is what shopping in Japan is like.... I am a large in Japan. It is not the ego boost I thought it would be. But on the comical side, I found a store that came straight out of the 60's. Seriously gorgeous fabrics and beautiful dresses.


The boutique shop is different from my staple, Banana Republic. The boutique has maybe 3 - 5 racks inside of it, and it can cater to a specific style, like the 60s. I think you would have to figure out which boutique is your style, and then shop there.

During my walk, I saw a cheesecake store. It reminded me of my sister's goal to own a cheesecake shop. Tim and I plan to go back there and try it out. I also walked by the Egyptian Embassy, complete with a miniature statue of the Sphinx.

No comments: