Monday, June 21, 2010

Exercise

Day 7 - Week 2

I decided to try to do something I would do at home. So I went for a run. Yea... I am that crazy foreign lady, also known as a gaijin, running through the streets of Tokyo. Can I point out that I have never seen anyone running for recreation? It isn't like Central Park in NYC, which is full of runners. Also, I mapped out a two mile run on mapmyrun.com, and I thought I followed that, but I ended up in a completely different part of town. Tim helped me figure out on the map where I really ran. This route ended up being 1.75 miles.


Along the way I saw a gas station. They are a little different than gas stations here.... Mostly because they still have service people, and they are missing the pumps.



I also got far enough on my knitting to pull in another ball of yarn. Thank goodness for youtube videos that teach you how to do things like that.

Tim and I went up to Shinjuku and walked around. There is a really fancy grocery store up there, much bigger aisles. We walked through a big department store. Then we met a friend for burgers. I liked the burger we got last week better than this one, but it was still a really good burger.

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

Japan is crazy! I can't believe the gas stations or your washing/drying machine. It is blowing my mind!