Saturday, January 30, 2010

Closing time

For the last weekend in January, we got snow. In North Carolina, one inch of snow means the world shuts down. All activities and events are cancelled. Church is cancelled. It seemed like the perfect time to unpack from all my trips, get caught up on laundry, upload pictures, and post some blog entries. Judging from the backlog of pictures on my camera, I have been busy living life instead of writing about it.

I think it is ironic that last weekend I was enjoying 80 degree weather, and this weekend it is snowing. It explains why I have a cold :)

Other than my trips, January has just been busy with work. Every January we get our appraisal for the work we did the previous year. My boss started out explaining how the economy was still bad, and the business climate resulted in lay off's so there was fewer people which means it is more competitive to get a good rating, etc, etc. So I was thinking, oh darn. And then I got a good rating, so I was happy. A friend took me out to a fancy dinner to celebrate, which was fun. The scallops were melt-in-your-mouth good. Other than that, work has been busy with presentations to executives, build breaks, customer's who are unhappy, and the usual stuff.


1 comment:

browneyedgirl said...

Yay for snow, even if it shuts everything down!