Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Alien Abduction

I drove down the road, the same way I always do. I can see the building up ahead... but the upper story lights are dark. Odd. I pull into the parking lot.... there are no cars. Hmmm. No sign on the building. No lights on. It shouldn't be closed at this time.... So I get out and look to see if there are hours on the door. Did I make the whole thing up? Was that ab class just in my head? Was I really a card carrying member? Come to think of it, there were no cards, just a thumb scanner. Queue XFiles music......

Alright, it is just the recession. Apparently there weren't enough people in Cary to support the big gym with the pool, so it went out of business without any notification. That is the weird part. You would think they would tell you they were closing.

1 comment:

Meredith and Abe Fish said...

But aren't you glad that it isn't just in your head. They probably didn't want people demanding their money back if they knew it was closing. Here all the Blockbusters closed and most people didn't know about it. I was at the grocery store beside Blockbuster and watched several people try to return movies and looking very confused. Good luck finding another gym.