Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful Thanksgiving

The annual tradition begins...

November 1
1. I am thankful I still can enjoy birthday dinners with my family
2. I am thankful for skype to keep in touch with grandparents
3. I am thankful for Project Runway

November 2
1. I am thankful for Pandora because my playlist was getting really old
2. I am thankful my mom and dad taught me how to paint houses by letting us help them as kids (remember those closet doors at noblewood?! hahaha)
3. I am thankful for a nice neighborhood you can walk through

November 3
1. I am thankful for a job on campus
2. I am thankful to be working on a Masters degree
3. I am thankful for friends to celebrate birthdays with

November 4
1. I am thankful for my mom helping me to paint the living room ceiling
2. I am thankful for Tim taking down wallpaper and painting the bathroom
3. I am thankful to be done with the painting projects for now

November 5
1. I am thankful for a weekend getaway
2. I am thankful for pretty snow that sticks to the grass and not the road
3. I am thankful for Tim's coworkers who have a fantastic cabin

November 6
1. I am thankful for heated seats
2. I am thankful for christmas tree farms
3. I am thankful for the Blue Ridge Parkway

November 7
1. I am thankful for a strong husband who can move furniture
2. I am thankful for the Amazing Race
3. I am thankful for Bertolli frozen dinners that truly make it possible to throw it in a pan and slap it on the table

November 8
1. I am thankful for gift cards from our wedding
2. I am thankful for home improvement stores
3. I am thankful for the fast removal of christmas hooks

November 9
1. I am thankful for getting grades on some assignments
2. I am thankful for excellent classmates who make studying easier
3. I am thankful for my sister and I's favorite Mexican place in Chapel Hill

November 10
1. I am thankful for a husband who speaks spanish
2. I am thankful for a good realtor to find services like carpet cleaning
3. I am thankful for fresh, clean sheets

November 11
1. I am thankful for fresh vegetables from the farm
2. I am thankful for 1.50 movies
3. I am thankful for the invite to hang out with my mom and sister

November 12
1. I am thankful for friends who get holidays off and call to hang out
2. I am thankful for outlet malls
3. I am thankful that my husband's stuff has arrived from Japan, so this will feel more like home

November 13
1. I am thankful for the time to do homework
2. I am thankful for gorgeous North Carolina weather that make outdoor activities like frying turkeys fun
3. I am thankful for a good group of friends to enjoy dinner with
4. I am thankful to discover that root vegetables taste really good with maple syrup

November 14
1. I am thankful for Tim's friend who helped put together a shelving unit
2. I am thankful for my nervousness going away halfway through my lesson
3. I am thankful for mashed potatoes that taste almost as good as mom's

November 15
1. I am thankful for the progress on my house list
2. I am thankful that I can have fun trying to be the "favorite" sister
3. I am thankful for Krispy Kreme

November 16
1. I am thankful for a morning run outdoors
2. I am thankful for friends who help out with the long house list
3. I am thankful for Tim who slices all of the vegetables and meat

November 17
1. I am thankful for a seriously clean and empty house..... Maybe I don't want all that stuff in boxes to ever come back :)
2. I am thankful for a husband who helps me realize when I am being overly neurotic
3. I am thankful for beautiful fall flowers on my table

November 18
1. I am thankful for a shiny sink
2. I am thankful for carpet cleaners, who worked hard while I did homework
3. I am thankful for a great review of the house by our realtor

November 19
1. I am thankful for the sun shining through my windows that warms up my whole house
2. I am thankful for quesadillas which make really good lunches
3. I am thankful for a weekend of new recipes that involve farm fresh produce

November 20
1. I am thankful that I could run in the turkey trot with my mom
2. I am thankful for the confidence to try a new recipe from the food network, pumpkin custard, and the fact that it tasted really good
3. I am thankful for a warm shower and a relaxing couch after a race

November 21
1. I am thankful for friends who have fun games to play
2. I am thankful for two great dinner recipes: beef stirfry with cabbage, and tortellini soup with kale.
3. I am thankful for Sundays that include home teachers, helping people, and relaxing

November 22
1. I am thankful that the photos are done of the house
2. I am thankful for giftcards
3. I am thankful for beets, which tasted surprisingly good, and for being forced to try new things

November 23
1. I am thankful for free printing on campus
2. I am thankful for a good visiting teaching companion
3. I am thankful for chocolate cake

November 24
1. I am thankful for pop-out windows that make cleaning them easy
2. I am thankful for time to get outside and walk in this gorgeously sunny 75 degree November North Carolina weather
3. I am thankful for pies

No comments: