Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Life in Spades

Can you tell it is a holiday?

I have finally posted all the blog entries I had in "draft" that cover my activities, more or less, for the last month.
I also finally uploaded the 200 pictures I had between my old and new cameras, so now I can officially only use the new camera. It takes great photos, but I am still getting used to charging it. Unfortunately that means I have no pictures of Mom and Dad's Turkey Trot.

Other miscellaneous notes:
1. I took the GRE and got above 1200 (yes, GRE is still like the old SAT, a perfect score is 1600). Since this is a nice average score, I am pleased.
2. My release has finally started. Now the real stress can begin. Can I keep everything moving forward, juggling new requirements, not enough people, and shorter amounts of time without any motivational tools at my disposal?
3. For the first time in a long time, I am not done with my christmas shopping before christmas. I know, this is probably a sign of the end of the world.

Finally, I missed the thankful part of November. My sister usually emails me to keep up with my thankfulness, and without her prompting, the month has passed me by without any remarks. So in no particular order, here are a few of the little things I am thankful for:

1. Tivo and it's ability to make me the favorite sister, I hope
2. Cupcakes and their ability to make me the favorite fake aunt, I hope
3. Good colleagues
4. A sister to have dinner with
5. A sister to hang out with
6. A sister to call and talk on the phone with
7. A sister to text
8. Parents who run races
9. The challenge of an exam
10. Learning to work with someone new
11. Movie FHE nights
12. Swing dancing
13. 1.50 movie nights
14. Friends to be social with
15. Vacation days
16. A car that can drive long distances
17. A job that pays the bills and lets me do fun things
18. Apples
19. Bertolli
20. Finding the perfect pair of brown boots at DSW on sale with a coupon
21. Orchestra
22. Home teachers
23. Long, leisurely dinners and the conversations that go with them
24. Realizing that I have many BFFs, and am fortunate to continue to find good friends
25. Face to face is still a better connection than facebook
26. Asking someone to help out at work, and knowing that will be taken care of because they are reliable
27. Sunday dinners
28. Clean kitchen
29. Guacamole
30. An extra day off for Thanksgiving

No comments: