Thursday, June 11, 2009

Yes Man

My roommate and I rented Yes Man from the redbox the other night. It was pretty funny, and the best part was this week I got to eat Mexican food at a gas station because I said yes. Who knows, maybe yes will change your life.


If you give a mouse a cookie, adult style.....
My home teacher cooked dinner last month, which was an awesome home teaching thing to do. The conversation turned to movies, and my roommate and I said we should rent a movie and have everyone over to watch it. And then I remembered, I have a 24 inch monitor, and several of the people in the room have bigger TVs. So I was thinking I should upgrade my TV so we can do a proper movie night, instead of always going to someone else's house. But if I get a TV, then I need a stand to put it on. And if I get a stand, then that means rearranging the furniture. And if I am going to rearrange the furniture, I should sell the dining room table because I don't have a dining room. This would free up more space for a new TV. And as long as I am making space for the new TV, I should take this time to take down the angled shelf that is attached to the wall and paint the walls because I don't like the color. With newly painted walls, a new furniture arrangement, and a new TV, I should really get cable. Because what good is a TV without something to watch on it? And now that I have something to watch, I should get Tivo, because I don't want to watch it on the network's schedule, only when I have free time.

And thus we see how a casual conversation among friends can spin wildly out of control :)

3 comments:

Carla said...

you got it all wrong. You should just get a projector... then the "screen" is huge. Your blank wall color is perfect. You don't actually need tv or cable or tivo. And no more rearranging than you would do for a dinner party is necessary.

You're the computer person, how come it takes your little sister to fill you in on all of this? ;)

Heather said...

Ah! you are a genius.

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

You sound like Danny when he has a project. If I'm going to...then I might as well...
It makes me smile.