Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Anchors Away


For Memorial Day I went to the beach.  It was alot of fun.  I enjoy sitting on the beach and reading.  The first night we were there, we went for a walk along the beach.  Out in the water was a black thing that wasn't moving.  So we were guessing what it was.  A long ways away it looked like a stick, but since it wasn't moving, we were thinking maybe part of a pier.  As we got closer, there was no other evidence of a pier, and it looked rounder, so we thought an outboard motor.  As we got closer, we thought.... what is this?  So some friends decided to swim out to check it out.  I thought the water was too cold for that, so I just watched.  They came back with the news that it was a ship's anchor!  So we spent the rest of the weekend plotting how to sell it on e-bay.


2 comments:

elizabeth said...

That is the craziest anchor story I have ever heard. What a HUGE anchor. Thanks for sharing, I love beach mysteries.

Carolina Chocolate said...

What a crazy thing! Ahhh...the beach. I can't wait to go. I don't know when that'll be, but I'm looking forward to it. Oh, and I agree with you. Bathing suit shopping is the worst!