Friday, October 17, 2008

It's been one week...

I am on a business trip. It has been a long week. Let me dispel the myth of the business trip.

1. Exotic destinations - Even if you are going somewhere that people might take a vacation to, the most you see of it is the airport, the hotel, and your assigned workspace. You have to attach vacation days to your business trip to do some sightseeing, and often the demands of the business don't let you do that.
2. Great food - Being stuck in a conference room with 7 other people until 10 PM at night where they bring in pizza with anchovies, shrimp, and broccoli on it does not count as great food.
3. Free Time - I usually enjoy traveling because I get cable in the hotel.... this week I have had exactly a half hour to watch TV before I am so exhausted I have to sleep so I can get up and do it all over again.
4. You are there until you finish - I will not be home for my birthday to enjoy my mom's homemade rolls

But there is always a silver lining. I do get to see my sister, which will be totally awesome, and because work extended my business trip, they offered to pay for me to visit my sister. So now it is totally free for me to go see her. Plus, I do have a job, which is a great blessing. So I am not really complaining. Mom's rolls will keep another week.

1 comment:

Carla said...

you've only had your blog about a month and you already have almost as many views as me... dang, i need more friends