Friday, June 4, 2010

Wedding




The week of the wedding everyone came into town. Tim arrived on Memorial Day, my sister and her boyfriend, my brother, and my grandparents came in on Tuesday, and the other grandparents came in on Thursday. We all hung out and played games, and visited at my mom's house. It was alot of fun.

One day for lunch we went to Tim and I's favorite restaurant. I am not sure it made a good impression because it was so dark inside, we were trying to read the menu by the light of our cell phones :)
Then Tim and I went to run errands, and we met up with my sister and her boyfriend and my brother at the mall. It was fun to see them try on three piece suits.

We also had the opportunity to go to the temple with my sister. It was a great experience to be there with her and the rest of my family.

One night at dinner, we were talking about the fact that there might be rain on Friday, and how we were praying that it would be sunny so we could do the pictures outside. My sister's boyfriend leaned over and said, if you asked me, I would put in a good word so the weather cooperates. So I said, yes, please. Friday was gorgeous, blue sky and sunny.

Tim and I went to meet his parents at the airport, which was the first time I had met them live in person. Technology is amazing, with email and skype, that you can get to know someone before you ever meet them.

Thursday night my friends came into town so we sat and visited at my house. My sister spent the night, and then she drove me around to get our hair and makeup done. I had done a trial run of the makeup, but when we got to the store, they had someone else do my makeup. This concerned me slightly, as the lady told me she had only worked there one day and she didn't know where anything was! But I had wanted to alter the makeup plan anyway, since the trial run was a bit too dark, so it worked out great. She listened to what I said, and I ended up with a look that was still me. Then I got my hair done. The fascinating part was that she curled my hair with a flat iron. You have to pull pretty hard to get something straight to curl. The part I didn't like was that the pinned up part wasn't smooth, it looked like a rats nest. But in the photos you can't tell. Then we got dressed and headed to the temple for pictures. This is where I met Tim's siblings for the first time :) It was great that so many family members were able to come, especially from such far away places. Tim had family in from California, Texas and Norway, and I had family in from Idaho, New Mexico, Utah and Missouri. We are really blessed.

The flowers arrived, and they looked beautiful. Our photographer was great. It was so hot though, we were all dripping. There was a spot of shade that everyone was huddled under, and then the sprinklers went off and got everyone wet. Then my mom got out her portable fan. She is always prepared. It was really nice to feel the breeze from the fan.

Then we went into the temple. It was a wonderful sealing. The best part is that Raleigh is a small temple, so we knew the people who were helping us and the sealer. They are all in my parents ward. For me, the tender moments were having my mom help me get ready and her words of advice, and then having my sisters there.

Then we went to the reception. It was so nice, the flowers were gorgeous, the food was good, and we just got to visit with everyone and enjoy ourselves. It was such a great day, and everything went so smoothly.




No comments: