Thursday, January 21, 2010

What would you do...

For a trip to Disney! I am sure you have all seen the Miss Piggy commercials, where she is having a wonderful time at Disney World, and then is rudely jolted out of the daydream by a set of wood falling at her feet.



My friends and I got up at 5 AM last Saturday to drive to Charlotte to volunteer for Martin Luther King Jr day. We helped raise awareness about fire safety in a poor neighborhood. This consisted of walking up and down streets, knocking on doors, and ensuring that the residents had smoke detectors. I thought it was ironic that my mom's washing machine burst into flames the day before, and her house was saved because the smoke detectors went off and she was at home to stop the fire.

All our hard work paid off, because we now have a free ticket to Disney World! We found some really cheap airline tickets a couple of months ago, and it has all come together perfectly. I am off to the happiest place on earth!

No comments: