Thursday, May 14, 2009

I brought you flowers

I can't find the clip on youtube, but in You've Got Mail, she gets sick with a cold, and he brings her flowers and says, "I brought you flowers", and she is so stuffy, she says, "Oughhhh... thank you" and she says, aren't daisies the friendliest flowers?

I feel like that right now. A friend sent me flowers with daisies and tulips in white and yellow to celebrate the Chief Programmer promotion. Very beautiful. And then, I got a cold/sinus infection, and my voice has gone all funky (it sounds like death warmed over... just ask the people I was on conference calls with). And so all I want to do is walk around my house collecting the tissues that are strewn about in an overcoat and say, "daisies are the friendliest flowers".

Thank you all for the congrats.

No comments: